DEVELOPMENT OF SETTLEMENTS AROUND LJUTA
Ljuta was first mentioned as a settlement in 1285, and at the end of the 14th Century it became the political center of Konavle. According to a record from 25 March 1397, the Duke Pavle Radinović had his palace established in Ljuta, where he was issuing commercial privileges to the merchants of Dubrovnik.
At the beginning of the 15th Century, Radoslav Pavlović, Sandalj Hranić, as well as the Prefect Bogeta Rugić also had their palaces built in Ljuta. The Prefect’s Palace was to become the home to the first Dubrovnik Rector in Konavle.