The Lower Mills are located to the south, downstream along the river. At the beginning of the rule of the Republic of Dubrovnik, around 1472, there were three mills in that area in addition to four more mills on the eastern river bank.
In the immediate vicinity of the Communal Route there are two mills, known as Živanović and Cucalov mills. Slightly northward, there is the Upper Živanović Mill, locally called the Upper and Lower Mills. The mill on the eastern side of the river was abandoned before 1837. Later, a fulling mill was built near its remains.