FULLING AND WATER MILLS
Along with the flour mills along the river, there also exist fulling for softening of rough cloth and wool fabric. They are first mentioned in 1722 but might be considerably older. At the beginning of the 19th Century, there were three fulling mills on the River Ljuta.
In the middle of the 19th Century, one of them was demolished giving way to a new flour mill and a new fulling mill was built at the same time. Also built in the same period were water mills for olive oil production, the first one in 1864 in the immediate vicinity of a flour mill. In case there was a need, the olive oil mill was also used as a flour mill once the olive harvest season was completed.
Sometimes, the mills were also used for grinding of a special form of stone, characterized by a crystallized structure, used for the construction of chamotte substrate in furnaces and for filling of joints between stone blocks.